New member registration

New member registration

Postby robw17 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:13 pm

To access this forum you need to be a forum member. Registration is free and quite simple....
1. Contact the forum administrator to request access (follow the instructions here viewforum.php?f=35 )
2. The forum administrator will email you a link to the registration page.
3. Go to the link provided and create your forum account.
4. The forum administrator will activate your account.

NOTE 1: Some people manage to find the registration page without my help, spambots are especially good at this. Well done I say, however if you choose to skip step 1, then you may as well also just skip step 3 because the forum software does not advise me that a new account has been created so I will not know to perform step 4. And if I do happen to notice the new account when activating someone elses account I will just assume that your account was created by a spambot and delete it. It should be obvious how important step 1 is to succeeding with registration!

NOTE 2: There are some general terms that you must accept during the registration process and there are also some additional community rules. Both can be viewed at viewtopic.php?f=14&t=886 Please take a moment to read them before you register.

NOTE 3: Generally new accounts are approved without restrictions. However, there is also a restricted account type which allows viewing of the forum but any posting is not visible to other members until it is approved by an administrator or moderator. This is mainly used to manage spam as it's much easier to prevent rubbish being posted than to clean up the mess afterwards. You can end up with a restricted account for a number of reasons...
1. Your application raises suspicion that you may be a spambot or attempting any kind of scam.
2. You misbehave too much.
3. You are a vendor or manufacturer for anything Falco related (past or present). This site does not do advertising or promotion, paid or unpaid. Helpful advice from members on where to source stuff is encouraged but anyone with an agenda will be prevented from peddling it here.

NOTE 4: Preventing spambots requires ongoing vigilance. Another anti-spam measure which has been adopted is member pruning. What this means is that the accounts of members who have not logged in to the forum for a period of time are deactivated or deleted as inactive member accounts can become a security risk. Member pruning is a routine housekeeping task, the process typically followed here is...
1. New members who create a forum account but after the account has been activated never come back and log on. These accounts are permanently deleted after 3 months of inactivity.
2. Members who have zero posts. These accounts are permanently deleted after 6 months of inactivity.
3. Members with 1 or more posts. These accounts are disabled after 6 months of inactivity.
As with tree pruning, there is an occasional unintended limb, or in this case member, that gets pruned. If you experience problems logging in to the forum please contact the administrator for assistance. To contact the administrator follow the instructions here viewforum.php?f=35
Rob II
robw17
Site Admin

Return to How to join the forum